THE MOST INDULGENT TRIPLE-CHOCOLATE PICK-ME-UP-COOKIES

Triple Chocolate Cookies Recipe | Motte's Blog

Today, I wasn’t feeling too well. In fact, I was pretty down.

So to pick myself right back up I did something I hadn’t done in a while. In fact, since I made these cupcakes for my birthday last fall…

I decided to do some baking. With butter and sugar and all that other teeth-attacking goodness!
Triple Chocolate Cookies Recipe | Motte's Blog

Now while I do technically love to bake and certainly have a thing for sugary treats, you may remember from my latest New Year’s resolutions, that I don’t actually eat any sweets. Which is of course rather unfortunate in one of these please-leave-me-alone-I-just-want-to-eat-my-feelings kind of situations.

But I am happy to report that I did in fact manage to prevent the beast lurking inside of me from going on a raging cookie killing spree.

(Those tend to result in quite the mess and I am not really up for spring cleaning just yet.)

The beast didn’t even come out for “just a little nibble”, which is quite the success really. So I ended up giving the cookies away, which was really sad  incredibly therapeutic the most sensible solution.

Triple Chocolate Cookies Recipe | Motte's Blog

Triple Chocolate Cookies Recipe | Motte's Blog

I am even happier to announce that my little baking venture actually had the desired effect and I felt a lot more at peace with myself once that delicious smell of gooey chocolate melting away on freshly baked cookie batter hit me.

The chocolate bar must be man kind’s greatest invention. I’m sure of it.

Triple Chocolate Cookies Recipe | Motte's Blog

Triple Chocolate Cookies Recipe | Motte's Blog

These cookies are one of my favorites; incredibly rich, but oh so good! I tend to make them as big as I can get them filling them with all the deliciousness I have lying around. Aside from the chocolate chunks, nuts and dried fruits go really well with the batter. But then again, pretty much anything does. I mean, it’s chocolate!

Triple Chocolate Cookies Recipe | Motte's Blog

TRIPLE-CHOCOLATE PICK-ME-UP-COOKIES

200g butter, room temperature
300g granulated sugar
1 large egg
275g all-purpose flour
30g unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 chocolate bar, dark, chopped into chunks
1/2 chocolate bar, white, chopped into chunks
1 handful of nuts of your choice (e.g. hazelnuts), chopped into chunks

Triple Chocolate Cookies Recipe | Motte's Blog

Preheat oven to 200° Celsius. Cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer until pale and very soft. Add the large egg and beat until fully incorporated. Add the sifted dry ingredients and mix to combine. If the dough turns out too thick, add a splash of milk. Finally, fold in the chopped chocolate and nuts.

Spoon the dough into large balls and place them onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment, flattening the top of the dough balls as you do so. Bake on the middle shelf of the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until the edges of the cookies are firm and the middle is still slightly soft.

Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool for another 10 minutes before serving.

Store the cookies in an airtight container for 4-5 days.

Triple Chocolate Cookies Recipe | Motte's Blog

Triple Chocolate Cookies Recipe | Motte's Blog


16 comments

  1. Motte, they are looking devine!!!! Beautiful pics! Hope you feel much better afterwards...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Absolutely, chocolate is a magic healer of the heart ;) x Motte

      Delete
  2. Can u send me some! Hello! They really look fantastic and creamy. Yam. Thanks for sharing. I will try ur recipe. Happy Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what they would look like after a day in the post... but no less delicious I'm sure! please do try them, they are simply delicious! x Motte

      Delete
  3. OMG! looks so yummy .

    I am following you now :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marie! They do not only look yummy if I may say so myself... :) x Motte

      Delete
  4. Oh my god, these look amazing!!! Stealing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do, they are worth a little theft! :) x Motte

      Delete
  5. Wow die sehen ja wirklich sehr lecker aus, besonders mit der noch leicht geschmolzenen Schokolade in der Mitte=)
    Liebe Grüsse,
    Krisi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, sie schmecken besonders gut, wenn sie noch nicht ganz abgekühlt sind und die Schokolade noch leicht geschmolzen ist! Sehr empfehlenswert! x Motte

      Delete
  6. Uiii! Die Cookies sehen ja richtig Bombe aus! Sehr lecker! Jetzt muss ich sofort weg klicken, sonst gehe ich an den Kühlschrank und esse alle Süßigkeiten, die ich dort finden kann...
    Liebe Grüße,
    Tanja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha aber ab und zu darf man auch mal an den Kühlschrank! :) x Motte

      Delete
  7. Die sehen ja mal meega gut aus!! Lecker!

    Liebste Grüße,
    Michelle von sweetchellesweet.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Motte,
    Danke für deinen Kommentar auf meinem blog!
    (Oh mein Gott! Wie gern hätte ich jetzt einen von diesen Cookies.... XD)
    Sieht sehr gut aus!

    Viele Grüße, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank, ich kann dir nur raten, sie einmal selber auszuprobieren! :) x Motte

      Delete