ACCIDENTAL INDOOR BREAKFAST PICNIC

Indoor Breakfast Picnic | Motte's Blog

Sunday is my favorite day of the week.

Sundays stand for relaxation, for unwinding, a much needed break. Sunday means sleeping in, coffee and cuddles, scented candles, a cuddly blanket and a good book. It also means pets are allowed on the bed and binge-watching your favorite TV show.
Sure, you might decide to crawl out of bed for an hour or two and go for a walk in the park. But that doesn’t mean you have to put any effort into it, let alone get dressed.

Sunday is an all-day pajama party.

As you can probably tell, I love doing nothing. It’s like my all-time favorite thing to do.

That is why I am more than pleased to be getting two Sundays in a row this weekend, and being able to stay in bed on this beautiful public holiday.

I am even more delighted to have accidentally-on purpose ended up on my bedroom floor…

Indoor Breakfast Picnic | Motte's Blog

Indoor Breakfast Picnic | Motte's Blog

To sweeten the morning, I made myself a delicious breakfast of nutty oatmeal topped with a (pretty big) bunch of blueberries, strawberries and fresh mint. I also had an orange-and-green tea to go with it. I’m pretty sure that no German by law is allowed to get up before 11am on a Sunday, so I hurriedly placed my breakfast onto a tray and dove back in between the sheets. However, looking down at my beautiful display, I decided to take a quick photo of my first meal of the day.

So I rolled back out of my bed and waddled over to the balcony door which is where I can catch the best lighting for my photos.

(Can I just say how glad I am in retrospect to have bought that woolen blanket last week. Everyone thought I was crazy buying that thing on a hot spring day with the sun burning down, but it is the softest thing I have had in my bed in a long time and I wouldn’t want to miss it there! )

(Although it is now spread out onto my floor.)

I added a few pillows and took these shots and I am loving it!

Indoor Breakfast Picnic | Motte's Blog

Indoor Breakfast Picnic | Motte's Blog

Indoor Breakfast Picnic | Motte's Blog

Now, I intended for this to be a three-minute interlude max and head straight back to bed. Because, let’s face, besides maybe toddlers and animals, nobody eats off of the floor, right?

But I figured that by eating in bed which many people already find incredibly nasty (I’m sorry, but how is eating crunchy croissants while snuggled up in a duvet nasty? That’s the dream!), I guess I am already the exception to the norm. Might as well stay true to myself. Am I right?

Indoor Breakfast Picnic | Motte's Blog

So simply put, I spent the morning on my bedroom floor eating strawberries like a Roman goddess. At least, that is what I imagine myself to have looked like.

And I can only urge you to do the same!

Indoor Breakfast Picnic | Motte's Blog

Indoor Breakfast Picnic | Motte's Blog

My little picnic really made me think of my childhood when my siblings and I would constantly gather blankets, duvets and pillows to build forts, castles, homes within a home, little nests and picnic set-ups for our dolls.

There is something magical about building a safe place, a little nest where you can be yourself, let go and just be.

I believe sometimes we have to let the child in us take over. Because sometimes, the child is right.

Indoor Breakfast Picnic | Motte's Blog

Indoor Breakfast Picnic | Motte's Blog

Indoor Breakfast Picnic | Motte's Blog

Indoor Breakfast Picnic | Motte's Blog

What does a typical Sunday look like in your household?






MUSIC PARING:
Etta James, I Want a Sunday Kind of Love

2 comments

  1. Ahhh I love Sundays too! Beautiful pictures. You're making me wish I had some fresh strawberries on hand. Gonna need to take a walk to my grocery store- but don't worry- I won't get dressed up for it. :)
    ♥ Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I hope you don't :) Enjoy! x motte

      Delete