SUMMER SMOOTHIE DELIGHT

Summer Smoothie | Motte's Blog

Like most of you (I'm just guessing here), I too had planned on being über-productive this weekend.

Like crazy busy, but not in a bad way.

Never in a bad way.

Rather, like the-cookie-monster-gobbling-up-chocolate-chip-cookies-by-the-ton-in-a-matter-of-seconds kind of productive. You know, get stuff out of the way.

In a pleasurable manner.

Except, I did want to give myself the entire weekend to finish up. So much more healthy, kids!

Oh, and the cookies are in fact chores. Sorry.

Summer Smoothie | Motte's Blog

Summer Smoothie | Motte's Blog

On my to do list I see things such as tidy up, organize shelving unit and write at least two blog posts...

I really need to get that thing out of sight. Very distracting...

As I am sure you will have guessed by now, regrettably, this weekend, I have not managed to cross any of those things off of my list.

Yes, you are correct, you could say, 'Hey, no worries, you still have half of the weekend ahead of you'.
But you see, I can say with absolute certainty that my laziness will not be overcome anytime soon and that my to do list will in fact not be reduced in size in the pace that I had hoped and intended it to.

Which is ok, because as you know, to do lists never actually truly vanish. Instead, sadly, they tend to grow...

So, what's the rush really?

Summer Smoothie | Motte's Blog

Summer Smoothie | Motte's Blog

Which is why, instead of getting my cookie monster on, I have been sitting in the sun browsing through drooling over delightful cook books.

Now all I need to do is figure out which recipe to try first. The one thing I might actually be able to get done, wohoo!

I believe it is the hottest weekend of the year so far, so while enjoying my light reading, I also decided to make a refreshing summer smoothie. I had planned to make my beloved mango smoothie, the recipe of which I had shared earlier.

But as we have already established, this weekend hasn't been going according to plan, now has it? So scratch that and get ready for a new and improved version of the recipe, which - trust me - will be your cool new friend on these hot summer days!

Summer Smoothie | Motte's Blog

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

1/2 mango, diced
1 banana, frozen
2-3 Tbsp yoghurt
1 Tbsp honey
1 big handful of fresh mint leaves
crushed ice

Peel and slice the banana, and place in freezer for at least one hour.

In a stand mixer, or using an immersion blender, mix the banana and diced mango with the yoghurt. Top with honey and fresh mint, and blend well. Add the crushed ice and a straw.

Summer Smoothie | Motte's Blog

Summer Smoothie | Motte's Blog

The fresh mint gives the smoothie that little something extra. I wouldn't want to miss it!

And may I just say, I am so glad something productive resulted from this weekend!

Summer Smoothie | Motte's Blog

Summer Smoothie | Motte's Blog

MUSIC PARING:
Epic45, The Stars in Spring


8 comments

  1. First of all, Thank you so much for the lovely recipe. I love mango. And your pictures are beautiful. I shall come back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes finally an English blog. :)
    That smoothie is great for me - I love mango. I just printed the direction out so thank you. :)
    By the way, I wish i could switch with you right now. I just finished school and don't know what do do with my free time. I wish I would have such a busy life right know. :D

    May I asked why you write in English? It's so rare (sadly).

    Best regards, Hannah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unusual in Germany you mean? I actually never even considered writing a blog in German to be honest. I guess it has to do with how I grew up... I will be adding an About Me section soon which should be a bit more specific, so stay tuned for that!
      To be honest, in some respects at least, I would enjoy being a student again. I miss it! And I could use some more spare time badly...Oh I could say so much on the topic school and univserity, work/job hunting and free time... To put it in a nutshell, enjoy every part of your journey and always make the best of it, never simply yearn for something else!
      And while you're at it, enjoy the smoothie! :)

      Delete
  3. Mango is one of my favorite fruits!!!!!!!! This recipe looks phenomenal, and the pictures? So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always enjoyed mangos, but I must say once I had them in a smoothie... let me just say, I am never going back haha Thank youfor the compliments!

      Delete
  4. First of all, what kind of wunderful pictures! Is really looks delicious and so fantastic! And now I would like to have summer back and take this drink in the sun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It really is the perfect summer drink to cool off... Luckily, the summer will be back! :) In the meantime, we have hot chocolates, and spiced apple ciders - yumm!

      Delete